Take a few minutes to read this:Health Care in Galveston
- As you read through, make mental notes of what the personal problems and social issues are in this example.
- When you've finished, you can get together with a partner and discuss your thoughts about how this piece demonstrates ideas from Mills' "The Promise."
- What is the "intersection of history" here?
- How does social class shape individual experience in this case?
- How would things be different for someone in a different social class?
- Does this article more clearly reflect a Functionalist or Critical Theory perspective?
- Finally, we'll debrief as a class and connect this to Your Literacy!