- Your homework was to read chapter 8 in the IGW
- Reflect on how the things in the chapter relate to the research that you've done so far.
- Use your book for reference if you would like!
- Write for 5-10 minutes before we discuss!
- In your research groups, let's investigate some of the things that you may have found interesting in the chapter.
- Each group (we can combine some of the smaller groups) will have a specific resource to investigate.
- After spending some time using these tools, we will share the results you've got with the class.
- Remember that your 10 annotated sources must be from scholarly publications; this doesn't meant that you can't use more sources than that for your third portfolio!
- Expanding your research to more forums allows you to better search for materials within the databases and bookstacks! It's a lot of work, but that's what college research is all about!
- We will discuss plagiarism in greater detail when we begin the third portfolio, but now is a good time to bring it up.
- What things stood out to you as valuable in the IGW?
- What things did you already know?
- If you didn't get a chance to take this short survey after our librarian visit, please do it now! They really appreciate it!
- Be prepared for your exam!