- Lets explore some poetic terminology
- In small groups, think about your term and discuss why it is important in creating meaning in poetry.
- Define the term, using your own words. Try not to rely on the internet; you might look up examples if you need, but thinking of your own examples is even better!
- Explain the significance of your term in crafting poetry. Why does this particular element of poetry matter?
- After you've discussed, let's record your ideas and use them to develop our understanding of "poetry as protest" (i.e. apply them to Hughes!)
Let's also talk about the Dyad Syllabi!