Their Eyes Were Watching God
- Quiz over Their Eyes Were Watching God to page 167
- Section 520 - Discuss reading practices and tips for Their Eyes Were Watching God, & follow up on Stories Exhibit research...
- Sections 530-532 - Read and discuss Hurston for historical context
- Work in groups to analyze a section of the text
- What is she saying; how is she defining herself; to whom is she speaking?
- What do you think the exigence of this piece is?
- What kind of American identity does this describe?
- What else is going on in America that necessitates this text?
Things To Do:
Read: Their Eyes Were Watching God (for Friday), and
Read: Give Me Liberty!, pp. 631-671 (for next Monday)