Welcome to First Year Seminar!
Come on in, have a seat, and take a few minutes to access our class on blackboard.
Let's take a few minutes to introduce ourselves.
- I'll go through my roster and when I call on you, please answer any of the following about yourself:
- Where are you from?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite movie/musician/artist/author?
- What do you enjoy reading?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is the weirdest thing about you?
Now let me tell you a little bit about myself and answer any questions you have!
What is Triad M?
Why another seminar, anyway?
Day One Freewriting!
"We must bear in mind...that the central dynamic of our race has never been a conflict between good and evil but rather between enlightenment and ignorance. Ignorance makes the headlines, wins the medals, doles out the punishment, jingles the coin, yet in its clandestine cubbyholes (and occasionally on the public stage) enlightenment continues to quietly sparkle, its radiance outshining the entire disco ball of history."
- Spend a moment reflecting on this, then take three minutes to respond to this quote in writing.
- What do "enlightenment" and "ignorance" mean to you?
- Do you have ideas or examples of who/what demonstrate enlightenment?
- When time is up, I'll ask you to discuss your response with your neighbor(s), then you'll turn these in to me!
Homework! Say What?! As a way to further introduce yourself to me, I want you to email a "profile" of yourself.
What your profile needs to have:
- Your name (and/or the name you preferred to be called).
- Must have a picture of you and only you.
- A brief bio that represents you (favorite sport, hobby, movie, subject, food, general interests, etc.).
- In other words, share with me a little about yourself:
- What has been your greatest accomplishment?
- Why have you decided to attend college?
- What three goals do you hope to meet by the end of the semester?
This will be due next Wednesday, January 25th, at the beginning of your Seminar and will count as your first Seminar participation grade.
Email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions. :D