Let's take a peek at some data from your responses about your own social class!
- From the earlier example, we discussed how social class plays a role in medical opportunities (and, thereby, life chances!).
- How does your perceived social class, in your experience, reflect your understanding of your own medical opportunities?
- Does your "health care literacy" depend on your social class? Do your literacy sponsors play a role?
- Use the rest of the class time to write down what other parts of society and what other values play a part in your understanding of your own historical situation, as per the directions for your Sociological Imagination Essay.
- Consider how WRITING LITERACY helps shape society through stories like the one we read today!
- What impact does literacy have on your mobility between social classes?!?