Class divides based on their position – athletes SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be paid.
*THE CATCH! Everyone in support of athletes being paid gets to prepare arguments to oppose it and vice versa!
- 10 minutes to prepare argument
- Group 1 statement "why they should be paid"– 5 minutes max
- Group 2 statement "why they shouldn't be paid" – 5 minutes max
- 5 minutes to prepare rebuttals
- Group 1 rebuttal (new group representative must present) – 3 minutes max
- Group 2 rebuttal (new group representative must present) – 3 minutes max
- Debate debriefing – class discussion
Write a reflection paper on the debate, answering the following questions:
- What was your stand on the issue prior to the class?
- Did you change your opinion following the debate? If so, why? If not, why?
- What are some of your biggest arguments supporting your point of view?
1 page single space, Times New Roman, font size 12, due next class meeting!!!