Roles for Group Members
- Scribe - Writes down the group's notes and conclusions (suggestion - pick someone with readable handwriting)
- Timekeeper - Keep discussion timed and keep discussions on track
- Presenter/Spokesperson - Addresses the group's concerns to me and presents group answers to the class
- Note: There will be times when the whole group needs to participate in the presentation - in those cases, this person's role will be to lead and organize the presentation
- Summarizer - Provides synthesis and summary of the group's discussion
- Connector - Seeks to make connections between the readings, the group's ideas and the assignment.
- If your group is only 4 members, the last two roles will be combined into one
- EVERYONE fills the role of Checker - Checking for accuracy and clarity of thinking during discussions.