Hello! Welcome to the first day of class and to my wiki page. I will be sharing lots of information about our course here, so make sure to check it out frequently during the semester. While most of the details for assignments/due dates are set for the semester, they may be subject to change depending on the needs of the community (ie, your lecture courses). I will make every effort, either through email or in person, to communicate changes in expectations ASAP.
If you have any questions at all, please email me or visit my office hours. My job as your seminar instructor is to help you! No matter is too small (or too “stupid”).
Class Plans: - Class Plans PPT
Introductions - About Me
- Your team!
- Lecture - Dr. Metcalf & Dr. Owens
- Seminar - Professor Crocker
- Labs - Bio & Chem
- Advisor - Ms. Pfeiffer
Pass Contact Sheet around class
Syllabus Overview – Bio/Chem-S18 Syllabus
- Walk students through the syllabus
- Assignment list (due dates)
- Emphasize the importance of online homework
- Late Work Policy
- Electronic device policy
- Grades and Assignment submission
- Method of communication for our entire LC; individual section
- Professor to students - EMAIL, to your student account (via Blackboard)
- Sharing Contact Information between students - sign up sheet - will be posted on Blackboard only
1) BIOdiversity & CHEMmunication - Theme for Discovery Research & Professional Development
A) Diversity in scientists and research; Discovering research labs and internship opportunities B) Primary literature & APA; Research proposal C) Presentations D) Team-building skills E) Real-world application of Biology & Chemistry F) Resume & Cover Letter G) First-Year Research Conference
2) Study Skills and Total Domination of Biology & Chemistry lectures!
3) Community Service
- Science Olympiad - March 3
- The Big Event - April 14
- Upcoming Due Dates!
- Study Guides - Jan 29 (Chem & Bio)
- For those of you who may need accommodations for a disability, please make sure to email me or visit me during my office hours as soon as possible.
- Lab safety seminar: due ?, 2016 on Blackboard