Introductions - About Me
- Your team!
- Lecture - Dr. Metcalf & Dr. Owens
- Seminar - Professor Crocker
- Labs - Bio & Chem
- Advisor - Ms. Pfeiffer
Pass Contact Sheet around class
Syllabus Overview – Bio/Chem-S18 Syllabus
- Walk students through the syllabus - show Blackboard
- Assignment list (due dates)
- Emphasize the importance of online homework
- Late Work Policy
- Electronic device policy
- Expect students to check Islander email & Blackboard daily!
1) BIOdiversity & CHEMmunication - Theme for Discovery Research & Professional Development
A) Diversity in scientists and research; Discovering research labs and internship opportunities B) Primary literature & APA; Research proposal C) Presentations D) Team-building skills E) Real-world application of Biology & Chemistry F) Resume & Cover Letter G) First-Year Research Conference
2) Study Skills and Total Domination of Biology & Chemistry lectures!
3) Community Service
- Science Olympiad - March 3
- The Big Event - April 14
- Wednesday, Jan 24 - Meet at OCNR 243
- Bring your codes!!
- Bring your planner!!
- Upcoming Due Dates!
- Study Guides - Jan 29 (Chem & Bio)