At some point between the end of Spring Break and by 8:00pm on Tuesday, May 2nd, you must meet ONCE for Advising with any ONE of the following persons:
1. Dr. Rachel Kirk, Advisor for Pre-Nursing majors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Ms. Johanna DuBose, CORE Program Coordinator for Nursing Department (email@example.com)
3. Mr. Samuel Ramos, Advisor for Nursing Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Your TAMU-CC Advisor (if different from those listed above)
5. Your Faculty Mentor from the Nursing Department
6. A Representative from Career Services (UC, 3rd Floor)
7. A Counselor from TAMU-CCs Counseling Center (Driftwood Building)
8. Or, of course, Professor Crocker!!
- To accommodate the time needed for you to meet with your advisor of choice and/or for me to meet with you, Seminar is cancelled on April 4th & April 6th.
- Please be aware that I am making special accommodations from now through April 7th to meet one-on-one. I highly encourage you to make an appointment during this 3-week period as my availability will be more limited the rest of the semester
- If you would like to meet with me, please view my available time slots by clicking on the following link and email me with your top 3 preferences
- Available Time Slots to meet with Prof. Crocker
- Please come prepared to discuss your topic of choice. I have provided a list of talking points at the bottom of this page, but if you have something different you would like to discuss, please feel free to bring that up as well!
- Proof of your Advising Conference is due at 8:00pm on May 2nd
- Take a selfie with the person you met with, and make sure to have their name, job title, and TAMU-CC email address at hand
- In the Blackboard course for Seminar, click on "Content" and scroll down to and click on the "Advising Conference" assignment to submit
- Under "Assignment Submission," attach the photo file
- Under "Add Comments," type the following information for the person you met with: Name, Job Title, and TAMU-CC email address
- Click the "Submit" button when you are ready
List of Suggested Talking Points (if meeting with Prof. Crocker)
- I would be happy to discuss any personal matters that you would either like advice on or simply to have a sympathetic ear
- Why here, why now?
- Broad goals for college, specific goals for courses
- Are you meeting them? What more do you want to achieve this semester?
- Recommendation letters for volunteer work, internships, jobs?
- Evaluation of resume/cover letter
- Plans to transfer/apply to a different university/Nursing Program?
- Tell me about your perception of your success in the learning community
- High moments
- Low moments
- Bring your calculated mid-term grades for the learning community
- Are you having any thoughts about dropping?
- Team performance
- What you have learned
- What you hope to improve on
- Tell me about your thoughts regarding Seminar (believe me, I want to know! I am always trying to make this a more meaningful experience for my students!)
- Schedule for summer/fall semester
- Registering for classes
- Do you have any holds?