Description of the Annotated Bibliography
The Annotated Bibliography should include two articles PER TEAMMATE about your topic, at least one of which must be from peer-reviewed journals. The articles must be directly relevant to your team's topic. Make sure that you have narrowed the scope of your topic and developed specific questions that you are answering to present at the Symposium. The research for your Annotated Bibliography should contain articles that cover all facets of the topic, including relevant history, background, utilized technologies, current status of the problem and proposed solutions, etc.
Your team should attempt to find the "best" information available to strengthen your understanding of your topic. But, what does the "best" article mean? Well, consider your team topic and which specific questions/problems you are aiming to tackle. Take time to read the articles you discovered, and ask yourself how well you understood the material, how directly relevant the information was to your team topic, if the content inspires you to learn more about your topic, and if it helped direct your line of inquiry about issues, problems, or questions that researchers are trying to resolve about your topic.
Key Logistics of the Annotated Bibliography: Due on October 23rd @ 11:59pm
- Preface the Annotated Bibliography with a thesis statement for your Symposium presentation topic.
- Each annotation should
- Summarize the content
- Assess or evaluate the quality of the source
- Reflect on the source’s possible uses for the proposed team topic
- Citation format should follow APA Style for Electronic Sources (Web Publications)
- Please ensure that the hyperlinks provided do in fact lead to the article you are citing
- Click here for an example of an annotated bibliography
- The bibliography will be submitted as a single document to the Seminar_Team folder on OneDrive
- The final product will be assessed by overall quality, organization and completion of all requirements for the assignment
- One grade will be awarded to the team; individuals within a team will receive the same grade, unless otherwise determined by the team following the agreement set out in the team charter.
Go to the Writing Center for help! - http://casa.tamucc.edu/wc.php
- Make sure to submit proof - get a slip of paper from the Writing Center staff showing you worked with a consultant.