The Purpose of Research Update 2
- To hone your research discovery skills
- To identify the difference between peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed scientific literature
- To build a bank of articles supporting your research topic, literally by saving pdf versions to your OneDrive
Keep in mind that all of these skills are broadly applicable to your career as a student of science and beyond, and you will use these skills outside of Seminar and the First-Year Symposium.
Grading Rubric for Research Update 2
(Listed by Criteria and Point Value)
- The articles were submitted on time by Sep 21st @ 11:59pm (1 pt)
- The articles were submitted to OneDrive under your personal Seminar folder (1 pt)
- The articles focused on only one of your two original topics of interest (1 pt)
- The articles are new (not previously submitted) and peer-reviewed (1.5 pts)
- The pdf versions of the articles were provided (1.5 pts)
- Overall participation in assignment (4 pts)
If applicable, please see the syllabus for guidelines on my late work policy.