The Purpose of the Proposal:
To ensure that your team:
- Has conducted sufficient preliminary reading/research on your topic
- Has thought about the issues involved
- Is able to provide more than a broad description of the topic
Proposal Requirements (All Teams!):
The proposal is a summary that allows the reader to assess basic premise of your topic. As a whole, it should provide a brief description of the goals of your research and the background for why the questions your are proposing are significant/meaningful for this field.
- The proposal description must include credible references and/or evidence of primary research
- Your proposal and presentation must be accessible to a college-educated but interdisciplinary group, and should inform the readers about the key points/claims to be made during the presentation.
- In-text citation style is APA
- 150 word-limit for 15-minute presentations
- In-text citations do not count in word count
- You references must include, at a minimum, three peer-reviewed sources
- All citations must be in APA style
- In-Text Citations: Video!
- In-Text Citations: Writing Center handout
- Plagiarism: Purdue Owl information
- Your Final Proposal draft must be submitted on Blackboard by 8:00pm on March 22nd (Wednesday) - only one submission required per team.
- If your team is in Composition with Ms. Jarvis, please feel free defer to her expectations for the assignment and submit what you plan to turn in to her
- You may provide a "shareable" hyperlink to a Google document as opposed to downloading/uploading directly to Blackboard - this will help avoid translation problems between Google, Word, and Blackboard
Submission Details - Rough Draft (due March 6th @ 8:00pm)
First-Year Research Conference Submission (Optional)- Additional Requirements:
- 50-word conference program description of your presentation
- Names, emails, and cell numbers of all presenters, presentation titles (for proposals involving more than one person), English/Seminar faculty (whoever teaches the class where your project was assigned)
- Equipment needs. All rooms will have a projector + computer with internet. Let us know if you need something in addition to that.
- Your schedule: the hours you will be available to present on Thursday April 27th