- Let's start with a little role playing...
- Can I have two volunteers?
The "Bones" of the Team Charter
- What do the following phrases mean to you in the context of group work?
- "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
- "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
- A brief, informal document that describes the "big picture" goals and priorities of the project
- Official Purpose:
- To have a written statement of the team's priorities and norms that the team can use to resolve any problems or confusion that may occur later in the project
- Unofficial Purpose:
- To air any differences that the team members may have in goals, expectations, and commitment levels before the project begins
The "Meat" of the Team Charter
- Begin fleshing out your ideas for individual and group expectations for your work in Seminar (with specific regard to the First-Year Symposium)
- Pick a team name, if you have not already done so
- Use the worksheet as a guide
- Your finalized Team Charter must cover each of the 8 objectives listed on the worksheet
The Finalized Team Charter is DUE on