1. Teams, Contact Info, & Transportation
- I have confirmed that both of our teams will be sent to the same site! I will let you know where we are assigned to volunteer as soon as I find out myself.
- You may contact me directly at any time - Prof. Crocker's cell phone: (210) 605-0437
- You will need to find me to receive your wrist band, so that you can get your shirt and breakfast. I will send out a message to everyone via text on Saturday morning once I get my bearings at the event. I plan to arrive right at 8am.
- I will email student phone numbers shortly, only for the students who elected to share that info at the beginning of the semester
- Do you need a ride? Please feel free to coordinate sharing rides to the event site if you are willing to drive/need a ride. If you would like to ride with me, please let me know ASAP! I can seat up to 7 students (that includes seatbelts, which I would insist upon, being the mother that I am!), if you don't mind getting cozy.
- Make sure to sign the waiver before you arrive! By Friday night would be best.
- Here is the link to the waiver: https://orgsync.com/26401/forms/248986
- You can put "First-Year Seminar - Pre-Nursing" for our team name
3. Event Details - Saturday, March 25th
- Meeting Time: 8:00am
- Meeting Location: Bay Hall Lawn
- Bring your Sand Dollar card to sign in!
- For all details regarding logistics for the event, check out the following document: Logistics for the Day Doc
- The Big Event is handing out awards - to see them, check out the following document: Awards Doc
4. Other Details
- I will post here when I found out what site we will be sent to - that may determine the type of clothing you choose to wear, but for now I'd plan on wearing something to get dirty/sweat in.
- You will be receiving a Big Event shirt on Saturday morning, but otherwise you should definitely show up in some TAMU-CC/Nursing swag if you've got it!
- Until I find out where our volunteer site will be, plan on us working outside for the event. If that's the case, I highly recommend bringing the following:
- Water bottle