BUY your tri-fold POSTER now!
- Office Depot, Walmart, Target, online, etc.
- You will be using it to present on November 15th!
Time Management Check - The Next 2-3 Weeks
|11/1||2:00-3:00pm||Erin's Office Hours - Glasscock|
|11/2||10:00am-12:00pm||Dr. Val's Office Hours - CS 205|
|11/2||11:00am-12:00pm||SI session - EN 103|
|11/2||4:00-5:00pm||Erin's Office Hours - Glasscock|
|11/3||No Seminar||Class cancelled due to individual conferences|
|11/4||9:00-10:00am||SI session - CI 112|
|11/7||4:00-5:00pm||SI session - CS 114|
|11/9||11:59pm||Symposium PPT Slides due|
|11/10||No Seminar||Class cancelled due to individual conferences|
|11/11||by 5:00pm||DROP DATE|
|11/15||Seminar||In-Class "Rough Draft" Poster Presentation|
|11/16||11:59pm||Geology Connect Homework due|
|11/17||12:30pm||Geology Exam 3|
|11/22||via Blackboard||Earthquake Exercise due for Geology|
Mid-Term Portfolio Feedback:
- Grades have been posted to Blackboard
- Check your Reflective Overview to see the comment I provided
- Please let me know if you have any questions about your grade
- If you got less than a 95, I would highly suggest taking the necessary steps to correct and improve upon your current portfolio (mid-term) in order for it to be possible to achieve an 'A' on the Final Portfolio.
|100||Above and beyond the expectations for meeting the requirements|
|95||Fulfilled requirements; well-written|
|93||Fulfilled requirements; needs improvement in writing quality|
|90||Fulfilled minimum requirements|
|88||Missed key requirements; well-written (show of good effort)|
|85||Missed key requirements; needs improvement in writing quality|
|80||Met bare minimum of requirements; severely lacking in depth of reflection and effort|
|0||Portfolio not submitted|
- Look at the requirements set forth under the "Assignments & Grades" link on the sidebar
- Due December 4th @ 11:59pm, however, nothing is stopping you from submitting prior to that date
Mid-Term Letter Grades
- Posted on Blackboard
- If you do not have a letter grade, that means you have incomplete assignments and need to communicate with me ASAP if you are planning to submit or not.
- I will post Mid-Term grades to SAIL by November 6th, so all work must be submitted by November 5th @ 11:59pm.
Holds and Spring Registration
- If you plan to register early, plan on finishing your Alcohol-Wise today if you can! Otherwise, your hold may not clear in time to register.
- Any questions?
Game Plan for First-Year Symposium
Objective: Make a poster and verbal presentation depicting your team's research topic
1. Make a PowerPoint that includes all of the content for the Poster (due November 9th @11:59pm)
- Click here to view all of the details for the Symposium PPT slides (found under "Assignments & Grades" on left sidebar)
2. Present a rough draft of the poster presentation during Seminar on November 15th
- Click here to view all of the details for the In-Class Poster Presentation & Peer Review (found under "Assignments & Grades" on left sidebar)
3. Present a final draft of the poster presentation at Symposium on November 29th
- Click here to view all of the details for Symposium (found under "Assignments & Grades" on left sidebar)